PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
FOR INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
The Colombo Plan Staff College for Technician Education (CPSC) open its doors to fresh graduates and/or young professionals who are interested to enhance their experience in international capacity building for TVET and gain multicultural work experience through the CPSC Professional Internship Program for International Experience (PIPIE).
The CPSC is an inter-governmental international organization for Human Resources Development and a specialized agency of the Colombo Plan in Asia and the Pacific region. It was established on 5 December 1973 to assist the member countries of the Colombo Plan in developing and enhancing their technical education systems.
The main functions of CPSC include:
- Provide training programs of further professional education and training to persons responsible for the planning, development, administration and supervision of TVET and persons in key supporting roles;
- Conduct conferences, symposia, and workshops on various aspects of TVET;
- Assist in the conduct of projects in the field of staff and curriculum development and other projects aimed at the effective utilization of resources for learning and teaching;
- Promote, coordinate and undertake research and development projects for knowledge sharing and benchmarking in TVET;
- Advise and assist member countries in developing their technical teacher education and training facilities;
- Collect and disseminate information on technical education and training; and
- Act as a facilitator of member countries in the transformation of TVET framework by modifying the training and development strategies, program offerings and research and development efforts.
To date, CPSC maintains the active membership of 16 countries which are provided with capacity building programs in technical and vocational education and training (TVET) programs for human resources development.
About the PIPIE
This International Internship Programme is instituted as part of the CPSC’s effort to provide opportunities to the newly graduates and young professionals in the member countries to develop awareness and apply the related principles, concepts, methods learned in their respective areas of studies, gain international experience through the various aspects of CPSC operations and training activities, and increase their understanding on relevant and emerging issues in TVET in their country and/or at Asia Pacific Region through capacity-building programs and project/s.
Roles and Responsibilities of the PIPIE Intern/s
Depending on the Professional Intern’s specialization, he/she will be involved in the planning and implementation of capacity building programs and projects organized by CPSC. In some cases, Professional Interns are also assigned to assist the Faculty Members in conducting research work in support to the development academic materials used in implementing CPSC programs and projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree holder from a reputable University, or Diploma holder with at least 3 years of work experience in any of the following specialized fields:
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and allied areas
- Information Communication Technology (ICT) or related fields
- Technology Education and allied areas
- Administration and Management or related fields
- Social Sciences or related fields
- Citizen/national of a CPSC member country
- Ages between 25 to 35
- Proficient in English Language (speaking and writing skills)
- Familiarity with using computer with MS Office & media related software
- Adaptable to multicultural work environment
- Good health and resilient
- Open to learning and diligent
- Experience in and contributions to research and training
Allowance and Benefits
CPSC will provide an allowance of US$ 250 per month, accommodation at the CPSC Hostel in Manila, meals (from Mondays to Fridays), and other services subject to availability of facilities.
Duration of the Internship
The internship is for an initial period of 6 months (Short-term), with an option to continue up to 12 months (full-term), subject to review and evaluation of his/her performance.
Interested applicants may apply by filling up the Online Application Form and upload documentary requirements as stated in the online applicaton form.
Applications Screening will start by July 1, 2018.
Invitation to apply is open until allocated slots for PIPIE interns are fulfilled.
Only selected applicants will be notified.